Preventing errors before they happen is one of the simplest methods that can help an organization reach its quality goals, improve efficiency, and decrease costs.
Error proofing, also known as mistake proofing or Poka Yoke, refers to techniques that make it impossible to make mistakes.
Error proofing techniques can drive defects out of products and processes and substantially improve quality and reliability.
Error proofing involves innovative thinking coupled with a solid understanding of forced control, shutdown, warning, and sensory alert techniques and strategies.
- Able to understand what is Poke Yoke and the implementation in organization
- Beneficial of Poke Yoke thru all the system in organization
- Participant able to convey the methodology in their organization based on knowledge gain
Presentations, role-plays, group discussion, lectures
Section 1: Shingo & The Manufacturing Structure
- Poke Yoke Definition
- Categories of the Process Function
- Categories of the Operational Function
- 5 Elements of Production
- Changes in Elements
Section 2: Is There Difference Between Error and Defects?
- Why we fail to use Poke Yoke
- Separating Error from Defects
- Causes of Defects
- Level of Defects
Section 3: Inspection, Shewhart, Demming & Juran’s
- Inspection Philosophies
- 3 methods of Inspections
- Judgment of Inspections
- Source and Sequential Inspection
Section 4: Efficiency and Waste
- Production Efficiency & Waste
- Type of Waste
- Cost Contributing to Waste
Section 5: Shingo's Method
- Poke Yoke System
- Poke Yoke Device
- Inspection with Poke Yoke
Section 6: Tools for Assessments
Organizing System for Zero Defects thru