Accidents can occur anywhere, any place and anytime. In case of emergency, medical aid or the ambulance that you have summoned may not arrive in time due to man-power constraints, traffic jams, poor communication, etc. What then can you do to help your fellow worker, friend, someone at home or even a total stranger during an emergency situation? If the right assistance is not givn in time, it might result in permanent injury or even death to the victim. Hence it is essential to be aware of “first aid” to possibly reduce the extent of injury as well as to save lives. Being aware of the procedures of first aid may help to reduce immeasurable loss of your company’s human capital in terms of man-hours lost. Awareness of first aid will help reduce the damage of the injury and how to send the victim to the nearest clinic or hospital for further treatment.
- To prepare the participants to be confident and acquire the competence as a First Responder during an emergency.
- Be knowledgeable and skillful in prevention, recognizing, providing initial care and treatment for the injured victims before transporting the victim to the nearest medical personal.
- Able to respond to medical emergencies and organize rescue procedures so that there is minimal injuries to the victim(s).
- Comply with the requirements of Occupational Safety and Health Act – 1994 (OSAH).
Hands-on Practical Sessions
- Cardio Pulmonary (CPR). One man rescue method
- Chocking/Suffocation rescue
- Safety/Recovery position
- Scenario assessment of participants for each knowledge based topic
- First Aid principles – assessment of situation and the victim(s)
- Unconsciousness – definition and principles involved in treatment
- The breathing system and its disorders. Suffocation and methods involved in giving E.A. Resusitation.
- Circulatory System/disorder of blood movements eg. Cuts/wounds
- Cardio Pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)