The course has been developed and its delivery based upon International Maritime Standards. All successful participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance - Fire Scene Investigation (Offshore)
The course will provide participants with a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of fire and Offshore Vessels, Fire safety and Investigation, Fire re-construction, emergency fire procedures and common industry terminologies regarding design, hazards aboard, fire scenes aboard vessels and other floating platform s and structures.
Presentations, role-plays, group discussion, lectures
Fire Causes - Inspection and Investigation
- Accidental causes of a fire on board ships.
- Classification of fire causes.
- Chemical sources , material subject to spontaneous ignition - ships Materials, Cargo, Electrical heat energy
- Faulty electric circuits and equipment, replacement parts.
- Fuses, exposed lights by type.
- Fixtures, motors and engine rooms leaks in fuel Systems.
- Welding in burning operations and other energy sources. Housekeeping.
- Mechanical energy.
- Liquids and gases.
- Electrical wiring malfunctions.
- Electrical Schematics and
- Understanding Technical Electrical Circuit diagrams
Fire Scene - Points of Origin and the Science of Fire.
- Fire investigator safety
- Fire scene hazards
- Investigation priorities upon arrival.
- Science of smoke and fuel.
- Determining the point of origin.
- Reconstruction of fire.
- Documentation, sketches, sketching systems plotting methods photographs