Quality and Quality Assurance Control are key values in manufacturing today, and the QA/QC group plays a key role in ensuring that the customer receives only quality product.
To achieve this, it is imperative that companies have a well-trained and highly-skilled group of QA/QC personnel who are not only able to detect problems but also prevent problems from occurring.
In many industries, experienced operators are promoted to QA/QC Inspectors and Supervisors without sufficient skills.
- Explain the importance of prevention.
- Explain concept of zero defect.
- Collect data using check sheets.
- Analyze data using Pareto diagrams.
- Implement effective segregation for the production floor.
- Read and understand AQL tables.
Presentations, role-plays, group discussion, lectures
What Is Quality Means & How To Achieve It?
- Why Inspection Needed
- Quality In Manufacturing Operation
- Performance Indicator Measurement
Concept ‘Zero Defect’ Implementation
- Defect Definition & Type Of Defect
- Product & Process Specification
- Understand Customer Requirement
QA & QC Responsibility & Function
- Function & Responsibility Of QA
- Function & Responsibility Of QC
- Difference Between QA & QC
- Value Of Effective QA & QC Personals
How To Prevent Non-Conformance In Manufacturing
- Handling Non-Conformance Material
- Communication Flow For Non-Conformance
- Decision Making For Non-Conformance
- Understand Of 8D Approach
- Roles Towards 8D Reporting And Completion
Effective Data Analysis Technique
- Use Of QC Tools In Data Analysis
- Interpretation Of Correct QC Tools
- Use Of Data Check Sheet And Checklist
Use Of AQL in QA & QC Function
- What Is AQL Table
- Type Of AQL Table
- Sampling Size Of AQL
- When To Change Sampling Plan
Effective Flow Of Information Directive
- Understand The Information Directive
- Correct Interpretation Of Information Directive