Whether in a leadership, managerial or supporting role in the workplace, developing and maintaining relationships is pivotal in determining the success of your tasks or responsibilities. Though very complex and challenging, it is also the most critical skill for managers and leaders. Many tend to take it very lightly and consequently there arises dissatisfactions and poor working relationship between managers and subordinates.
- Understand that managing relationship is much to do with strategy and skill.
- Understand four different personalities and their characteristics.
- Know what technique to employ to handle the various personalities.
- Challenge themselves towards managing relationships effectively and productively.
- Be able to handle conflicts and improve relations with all levels of people in the organization.
Case studies, highly interactive activities, group discussions, role plays, presentations and lectures.
LEADERSHIP & RELATIONSHIP
- What is Leadership?
- Task vs Relationship Behaviour
- Importance of Relationship Behavior
- 5 levels of leadership
- Types of relationship
- Decide on the type of relationship
- Develop strategies to build the relationship
- Develop relationship
- Establishing & maintaining boundaries
WORK ON YOURSELF FIRST!
- Positive mind attitude and your well-being
- Identifying what you want out of life
- Self-Motivation: How to get what you want
- The Four Temperament Theory
- The Sanguines
- The Cholerics
- The Melancholies
- The Phlegmatics
- The strengths and weaknesses of each personality
- Identifying your personality profile
IMPROVING RELATIONSHIP BY UNDERSTANDING PERSONALITIES
- Each person is a unique blend
- Handling Opposites
- Strategies to handle various personalities
- Best Practices for Managing Relationships
CONSIDERING THE HUMAN FACTOR
- Your Behaviour
DEVELOPING INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- What is interpersonal skill?