Today, the roles of administrative staff are not only about taking direction from their bosses, but encompass a great deal of activities to assist the boss. Administrative staff should be well versed not only in clerical and stenographic responsibilities, but also act as a communicator and an expert planner. The performance of the administrative staff reflects the effectiveness of their bosses, therefore requiring both parties to work together inter-dependently. Administrative staff of today is unlike the yesteryears – more challenges as well as opportunities await them. They have what it takes to develop themselves for the new millennium.
- Not being proactive
- Confining their responsibilities to just following instructions
- Lacking self esteem
- Not looking ahead to prepare themselves for future prospects
- Lack of teamwork
- Do not know how to work in harmony with other departments and colleagues
- Poor working attitude
- Be able to establish a better working relationship with their bosses and others.
- Be equipped with the necessary tools for performance management and to improve efficiency.
- Be able to develop themselves for better.
- Encourage the participants to be more professional and well groomed
- Adopt a more positive attitude towards themselves and others.
- Be able to apply the appropriate business etiquette and protocols
- Be able to improve use of their time and other resources
- Be able to use current apps to speed up work
- Highly interactive and participative
- Workshop based
- Role plays
Keeping up with the new millennium
- Understanding the office functions as the supporting service to the whole organisation
- Your roles in an office of your excellent organisation
- A Glimpse in to the Future -- What Your Future Office Will be Like?
Developing Interpersonal Skills
- What is Interpersonal Skill?
- Assertiveness: The basic honest communication
- Knowing how to be assertive -- respect yourself!
- Learning how to negotiate your way through different situations
Portraying the Professional Image
- Behavioural patterns that support staff need to know...
- Avoiding personal conflicts for mutual gains
- Image building -- Knock people off their feet!
- Body Language -- Taking control of this most universal language
- Acquiring Professional Credibility
Enhancing working Relationship with Your Boss
- Understanding your role to fit the job and your boss
- Managing your boss -- make the relationship compatible
- Boss’s patterns of Behaviour that you should know about
- How to approach each pattern of behaviour
- Using Team-building approach at work -- you are working “with” your boss, not “for” your boss.
- The characteristics of a proactive Employee
- How to act out as a proactive employee
- Being proactive and outperforming his expectation of you
- Making your boss look good
Optimisation of Resources towards Performance and Productivity
- Factors Contributing to Productivity Improvement
- Managing Staff, Financial Resources and Utilities Effectively :
- Making effective follow-ups
- Getting rid of non-productive work habits
- Telephone Interruptions
- Inadequate Planning
- Drop-In Visitors
- Personal Disorganisation