Many organizations are suffering from widespread dissatisfaction in a workforce where those who can get up and leave do so while the mediocre remain. Those who are in first-line or middle management are key – the talented employee may join a company because of its charismatic leaders, its generous benefits and its worldwide training programmes… but how long that employee stays and how productive he is depends on the immediate superior. Companies need first-line and middle management to motivate, communicate and build relationships effectively. In other words, the tactical handling of your key competitive advantage – People!
Is your organization being affected by one or more of these problems:
- whining, dissatisfied, demotivated and disenchanted staff?
- job-hopping employees and low retention?
- disappearing (or disappeared) loyalty?
- stressed or burnt-out workers?
- increase in suspicious/questionable medical leaves?
The course will be delivered through a combination of Metaphoric and Learning-By-Doing approach, where as the participants will be going through various simulation scenario which interact with the subject itself. At each stage, the participants will need to exercise the techniques that been taught and practice them to self-develop their level of skills.
Active learning activities are included to allow participants to engage actively in the learning process. Besides that, leading the participants through these activities will enable better understanding on the concepts. The active learning activities may include:
Commentary on other companies / industries
1. People Management
- Leadership/management styles
- Profiling of your styles
- Impact of the above to dealing with people and issues
- EQ definition and application
2. Business acumen and Entrepreneurial spirit
- definition of entrepreneur
- famous corporate cases: successes and flops
3. System Thinking
- Definition: what is it?
- How to use system thinking to handle problems and challenges
4. Think out of the box
- Case discussion: Interview logic and analytical thinking
- Differences between critical, analytical & creative thinking
- Example of “out of box” case
- Creative Techniques
5. Influencing Skills
- A look at Organizational politics: power and influence
- Major influencing techniques
- Pros and cons of each
6. Managing Change
- Why people resist change and what do with it?
7. Building Relationship and Stakeholder management
- Team working
- Team Roles
- Stakeholder Analysis and management
8. Ability To Motivate
- What is motivation? What makes people move or tick?
- A look at Motivation “on the street”: spare the theories like
- Maslow, Herzberg, McGregor, Skinner, etc…
- How to apply to get results