- Master of Business Administration, 1998 The University of Hull, United Kingdom.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), 1993. The University of Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
- Diploma of Higher Education in Law.
1992. Council for National Academic Awards / The University of Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
- Practitioners’ Diploma in International Advertising, 1996 World Secretariat: International Advertising Association Incorporated (IAA)
- Higher Group Diploma (Sales Management / Advertising/ Marketing / Public Relations / Business English), 1992
- Institute of Commercial Management, United Kingdom
- Teacher’s Certificate (TESOL), 1981 Pantai Valley Teachers’ College, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Doctoral candidate, University Tun Abdul Razak (UNITAR) Area of Research: Marketing Ethics. Supervisor: Dr.Nik Rahimah Yahya.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
Trained by Prof Robert Flood and his faculty at the University of Hull in Management and Soft Systems Methodology, Philip Tan is a management and soft skills guru, international public speaker, corporate trainer and motivator. He speaks on Marketing, Consultative Selling, the Power of Influence and Negotiating Skills, etc. Philip has both academia and industry experience from a diverse range of career paths that include holding senior positions in tertiary education, dotcom, advertising, marketing and hospitality training. In his dynamic career route, he has held portfolios of dean, vice president and chief executive officer of an international professional organisation championing corporate governance. He was also a Senior Examiner on Promotion Management for the Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK (CIM). Philip continues to share his experience in academia by supervising post-graduates candidates of the University of East London (UEL) in their masters dissertations. Philip is a sought after trainer and facilitator on leadership and management skills, KPIs, Selling Skills, Negotiation Skills, etc He has conducted In-House programmes on Negotiating Skills, Consultative Selling Skills, Persuasion and Influencing Skills, Analytical Thinking Skills, etc. A partial list on the programmes mentioned would include companies such as:
- SIRIM Berhad
- Telekom Malaysia Berhad
- Henkel (M) Sdn Bhd
- ESRI Sdn Bhd
- Amanah Raya Berhad
- Al Shaker, LG Aircon Distributors, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Bank Simpanan Nasional
Among his participants, Philip is known for his applicable tools and job-related content that are delivered in a vibrant pace. He is able to combine soft skills concepts with real life requirements for those on the job. When he is not on the public speaking or corporate training circuit, Philip consults on business performance, strategic management and corporate law. Philip is a registered trainer with PSMB/HRDC, and also a Senior Associate Trainer of TNI Consultancy.