Organizations’ has many obstacles and problems when hiring new candidates. Especially, now, the new generation who is entering the workforce by storm. They are ready to take on whatever they want boldly at their own whims and fancies. Organizations’ now must throw the rule book and make them understand that there is a working code and all must adhere to them. As such, this program, Managing the Probationary Employee, is very crucial to the organization as it sets the rules and the playing field for the new workforce.
By the end of the session, participants should be able to manage probationary employees efficiently and effectively.
Lectures, group work, performance reporting, video clips
- Provide probationary employees with appropriate workplace job description
- Understanding the Employment Act1955
- Managing probationers’ training
- Inform probationary employees of performance and conduct standards
- Reporting to work in a regular and timely manner/tardiness
- Scheduled breaks or lunch periods
- Reporting sick leave use and other absences
- Dress codes/standards/Appropriate conduct
- Conducting themselves in accordance with designated safety rules
- Departmental work rules
- Counselling for Performance
- Managing the performance of the probationer
- Inducting the successful probationer