This course gives participants the full understanding of the quality management system ISO 9001:2008. It also explains the methodology towards developing a sound quality management system.
The training emphasizes on fundamental requirements such as continual improvement, corrective and preventive actions and customer satisfaction.
- Understand clearly the history of ISO, the different standards available and the definitions of quality
- Understand the benefits of implementing ISO 9001 in their organization
- Able to implement ISO 9001 requirement in their organization
Presentations, role-plays, group discussion, lectures
Definitions of Quality
- ISO definitions on quality
- Quality Management principles
- Quality Control vs. Quality Assurance
ISO 9000 overview
- Development and mission of ISO
- ISO standards
- Development of Malaysian & international quality standards
- Benefits of ISO 9000 certification
ISO 9000 certification
- ISO 9000 series
- Certification body
- Accreditation body
- Types of ISO certification
ISO 9001:2008 elements
- Quality Management Process model
- Quality Management System requirements
- Documented procedures
ISO 9001: 2008 elements
- Management responsibility
- Resource Management
- Product Realization
- Measurement, Analysis and Improvement
- Knowing your customers
- Mechanisms for measuring and tracking performance
Explanation of latest ISO 9001: 2008
- What are the changes
- How does it impact current QMS system
- Examination & Review on Quality Manual
Keys to Success on how to establish, implement and maintain an effective quality management system
Some examples where this can have an impact on your QMS include:
- In many clauses, the term "product quality" has been replaced by "conformity to product requirements"
- A note has been added to clause 6.2.1 to indicate that conformity to the product requirements can be affected by personnel performing any task within the quality management system
- A note has been added to clause 6.4 to help define "work environment"
- A note has been added to clause 7.2.1 to clarify what is meant by "post delivery activities"
- In clause 7.5.4, customer property can also include "personal data"
- In clause 8.2.2, management responsible for the area audited must ensure "necessary corrections and corrective actions are taken