This course gives the principle of project management, especially suitable for those who intend to gain a fundamental but solid foundation on project management. You will learn the structured and integrated approaches, processes, tools and techniques that are applicable to managing each phase of the project life cycle. The course structure is based on PMBOK® Guide from the Project Management Institute. This 2-day intensive course is both practical and interactive, supplemented with useful exercises, real-life case studies and working examples.
- Gain the principle of project management especially the important concept, processes, skills, knowledge, tools and techniques.
- Learn the structured and integrated approach to initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing out of projects.
- Learn to develop SMART Objectives, Work Breakdown Structure, Scheduled Network Diagram and etc.
- Acquire useful techniques for estimating project costs and schedule as well as forecasting project completion time and cost.
- Learn to handle project change management effectively.
- Network and share knowledge and experience with other participants.
Classroom lectures, experience sharing, case studies, exercises and quiz are included to enhance the learning process.
The course will begin with an overview of the project management process and cycle; what are the requirements that need to be considered, and from there formulate a SMART objective to achieve it. Setting clear project scope, time and cost are the key criterions. The important of the project charter and other project requirement documents formed part of the critical aspect to ensure project success.
The selection of competent leader to manage the project serves as an essential factor, while proper organization structure, clear work breakdown structure and responsibility, plus detail schedule planning define the overall project framework. It is always important to have a proper channel on communicating the project status among team members and stakeholders. Potential risks of the project need to address as early as possible.
Adequacy of resources will determine the project success or fail. It is also important to have a room to develop the project team, and manage closely any change andrisk in between.The important of quality assurance and continual improvement formed part of the essential feature to ensure project success.
Project Monitoring and Controlling
Continue effort on assessing and controlling the project performanceis part of the important process to achieve goals. It is also important to have a proper techniques to estimate project costs and schedules as well as forecast project completion times and costs.
At close out stage, it is important that the project scope is verified, customer acceptance is received, post implementation review is conducted and both good and bad lessons learned are captured.