The modern business world is a rapidly changing environment, so the last thing a company needs if it is to compete in the global marketplace is to get in its own way because of the way in which it approaches the business of looking after its income generating physical assets. So, it is important to have a fundamental rethink of business processes to achieve improvements in cost, quality, speed etc.
The New TPM – Total Productive Manufacturing is a manufacturing led initiative that emphasizes the importance of managing the income generating assets i.e. equipment or machines. It is presented as a key part of an overall manufacturing philosophy.
- Achieve leaner organizational structures and reduce cost
- Rigorously reappraise the way things are done - towards efficiency
- Improve performance through the use of appropriate measurement
- Handle changes as a result of having to do things differently
- Instill upon the concept of productivity and continuous improvement
- Enhance quality and build that into culture.
Presentations, role-plays, group discussion, lectures
- What is a World Class Organization? Cost Perspectives and Effectiveness
- TPM Definition
- OEE: one of the Eight Major Pillars of TPM
- Understanding on what is OEE
- Understanding the 3 components of OEE (time, quality & efficiency)
- How to measure OEE for different types of industry
- Tracking, reporting of OEE
- Impact/Benefits gain from measuring OEE
- Success and Pitfalls in measuring OEE
- How OEE ties in to Total Company Excellence