Uses competency-based instruction with case practice and on-the-job application. Provides a stimulating environment based on adult learning principles to maximize skill transfer. It includes simulations, breakout sessions, negotiation games and group discussion. Participants will formulate their mind-set goals and milestones via mind programming techniques.
Negotiation is a foundational management skill, essential to building, improving, and maintaining business relationships. Breakthrough Negotiations will help you master the skills of a successful negotiator by focusing on the preparation, process and the people to develop creative solutions, stronger relationships and better deals. This course teaches you:
- Prevent other people dominating your negotiations.
- Keep your negotiations on-track, so you get results which work for you.
- Prevent relationships being damaged by conflicts and disagreements.
- Build respectful, positive relationships.
- Eliminate any ‘bad habits’ which undermine your success as a negotiator.
- Become the most confident and successful negotiator you can be.
Presentations, role-plays, group discussion, lectures
Introduction to Negotiation
- Explore the principles of win/win negotiation and how they can be used to create positive negotiation outcomes.
- Learn four key principles that can be used in everyday negotiation situations.
- Learn how to decide whether to take a distributive or integrative approach to a specific negotiation.
Planning your Negotiation
- Learn how to plan your negotiation using three key concepts – BATNA, WATNA and ZOPA.
- Create a negotiation map in order to assess the situation in which you are negotiating.
Exploring Needs and Concerns
- Hear why understanding needs and concerns is a key step in any negotiation.
- See two key skills– questioning and active listening- being used by professional negotiators.
- Use a questioning template to lead a conversation about needs and concerns.
Create WIN/WIN Options
- Discuss how creating win/win options increases your influence as a negotiator.
- See how to draw an ‘option generator’ in order to manage conflicting needs and concerns.
- Try out win/win problem solving tools.
Handling the people side of Negotiation
- Learn the people side of negotiation all, people problems can get in the way of solving issues-based problems.
- Explore ways of handling others' emotions and keeping your own emotions resourceful during negotiation.
- Hear how to handle difficult behaviours which can block your efforts to find fair solutions during negotiation and conflict resolution sessions.