The course has been developed and its delivery based upon International Maritime Standards. All successful participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance Jack Up Barge - Safety & Risks.
The course will provide participants with a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of jack up barges, safety, construction, emergency procedures and common industry terminologies regarding design, stability of JUB and other floating platform structures.
- Emergency Procedures for JUB and Drills
- Fire aboard JUB
- JUB General Arrangements
- Company Safety Policies.
- Training of Crew (STCW)
- Barge Master Responsibilities
- Barge Engineer Responsibilities
- Accidents and Pollution Procedures
- MOB and SAR—JUB
- Evacuation of JUB
- Flooding and Sinking
- Structural failure of a JUB
- Safe Work Methods for JUB
- Gangway and Rope Ladder transfers
- Assembly and Disassembly of a JUB
- Towing and Positioning of a JUB
- Jacking Up procedures
- JUB manoeuvres within Legs Up and Set
- Competency Log Books
Presentations, role-plays, group discussion, lectures