To provide potential auditors of management systems with the necessary knowledge and skills to competently conduct third party assessments of Quality Management Systems (QMS).
This course is modulated such that the first two days provide an introduction to auditing quality management systems and focuses on the skills required for sound internal auditing. The third and fourth days focus on ISO 9001 and QMS specific issues, particularly relevant to external auditing. The fifth day is focussed on auditor specific requirements and the certification process.
RABQSA/IRCA Accredited (QSA 013348).
A certificate will be provided to successful participants upon completion of the course. The Lead Assessor Certificate has both RABQSA and IRCA Accredited logos on certificate and is recognized worldwide.
Participants are assessed continuously throughout the course and through a written examination on the afternoon of the fifth day. All participants who attend and complete the Course will receive a certificate of achievement. Those who are deemed ‘competent’ shall receive the Professional Certificate of Achievement.
Days 1 & 2: Module AU – Management Systems Auditing
- Quality, History Of QMS & QMS Documentation
- Continual Improvement
- Standards & ISO 9001
- The Audit Process
- Communication Skills
- Roles, Responsibilities And Skills Of An Auditor
- Developing Questions
- ISO 19011
- Planning Audits & Reviewing Documentation
- Audit Reports And Corrective Action
- Auditor Techniques
- Process Based Auditing And Sampling
Day 3 & 4: Module QM – Auditing Quality Management Systems
- Changes To New ISO 9001:2008 Standard
- Recent Developments
- Permissible Exclusions & Scope Of Audits
- Quality Management Principles
- The Elements Of ISO 9001 In Detail
- Integrated Management Systems
Day 5: Module TL – Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
- The Certification Process
- Auditor Skills And Abilities
- AuditorS Code Of Conduct
- Legal/Ethical Aspects Of Auditing
- JAS-ANZ, RABQSA & ANZSIC Codes