As defined ISO 14001 is: a framework for organizations to create a systematic approach to prevent pollution by creating an environmental management system (EMS).
As follow with subsequent EMS activities, this course is design to furnish the understanding and implementation of ISO 14001:2004 in their organisation. Moreover it focuses more on continual improvement activities for environmental programs and activities.
- Refresh ISO14001 standard and requirement
- Enhance the implementation of ISO14001
Presentations, role-plays, group discussion, lectures
- Understanding of Environmental Policy
- Understand what is the aspect and impact in the organisation
- Risk assessment requirement for aspect and impact
- Implementation and maintaining aspect and impact requirements
Legal and Other Requirement
- Understand the applicable of legal requirements and other
- requirements is align with EMS requirements
- Taken into account in establishing, implementing and maintaining its environmental management system
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Emergency Routes and procedure and explanation
- Training and competency requirement for ERR activities
- Management Commitment towards ERR activities
Environmental Management Program
- Update on the EMP programs importance and needs towards continual improvement programs
- Measurement indicator for the EMP programs
Training, Awareness and Competency
- Roles and responsibilities in achieving conformity with the requirements of the environmental management system, and the potential consequences of departure from specified procedures.
- Internal communication between the various levels and functions of the organization,
- Receiving, documenting and responding to relevant communication from external interested parties.
- Document Control, Operational Control
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Monitoring and Measurement
- Non-conformance and Corrective and Preventive Action, Records
- EMS Audit, Management Review