Training Co-ordinators play a vital role in ensuring any training actually solves the performance gap or need, this programme equips you with the appropriate tools and techniques to manage these issues. In this programme you will study:
- How to develop the Training Manager’s competence
- How to influence management allowing new skills to be practiced
- The changing needs of business and illustrating/demonstrating results.
- The most appropriate learning styles for individuals
- Training needs analysis, design, validation and evaluation techniques.
- The training and development cycle
- Analyse how Training & Development contribution to business performance
- Reposition Training & Development by adopting a measured approach
- Examine administration systems and techniques
- Develop a profile for the Training Coordinator role
- Apply a new 4 quadrant analysis model for individual performance issues
- Be able to apply a training model.
- Consider action planning for your return to work including training requirements
The programme will be delivered in an interactive style, using group discussions, and programme material, encouraging active participation, exercises, real life case studies and questionnaires. There will also be the opportunity to discuss individual issues on a one to one basis with the Programme Leader if necessary.
Module 1 - Designing Training & Development to support Business Needs
- Introduction, programmes objectives and ways of working
- Change in organisations, including case studies.
- Assessing Competency Gaps
- Aligning Training & Development activities to the business needs
- Training & Development activities and organisational success including case studies
Module 2 - Clarifying/developing the role of a Training Managers
- The skills and attributes of a Training Coordinator - exercise
- How do people learn? When making training decisions - exercise
- Accounting for individuals’ learning styles - questionnaire and exercise
- Resources planning - medium and long term requirements
- Managing change - managing your own training and development needs
Module 3 - Training Needs Analysis (Corporate vs. Individual needs)
- The relationship between T & D and company performance
- At the Corporate level – including case study
- Departmental and section training needs
- Team development including Planning (TDP)
- Personal Development Plans, manpower/ talent management
Module 4 - Evaluation Techniques
- Delivering effective structured programmes.
- Application of a training model using a case study
- Evaluation Techniques including ROI of training
- How to construct an Evaluation Survey
- How to present results to best effect - evaluation in action.
Module 5 - Budgets and Action Plans
- Understand the Training and Development budget planning process.
- Generating Individual action plans, and agreeing priorities
- Review and programme recap
- Final review, presentation of certificates and awarding of CPE points