Keeping the customer satisfied is crucial to business success. Therefore, the Supervisors’ must be equipped with the right skills to serve the customers effectively, manage his or her staff to perform with excellence and consistently maintained and enhance the existing service of the business . For this to happen, the Supervisors must be induced with the right mindset , self motivated to challenge their present performance, learn new skills and set their mind to achieve improved results .
In today’s world, competition has intensified and customers become more discerning, the need to be customer-focussed becomes paramount. An unhappy customer is not only an ex-customer but also a guarantee way of spreading all the wrong message to other potential customers.
This practical and action-orientated course aims to improve and develop your Supervisors skills to help promote customer goodwill and enhance corporate image and professionalism.
- Enhance the awareness and understanding on the extended roles and responsibilities of the Supervisors to manage the work force to achieve desired results
- Develop and induce winning mindset and positive work attitude among Supervisors
- Acquire leadership skills to manage and lead change
- Sharpen the human relation and communication skills to create a win-win situation
- Learn to set SMART objectives and acquire techniques on how to manage future performance
Presentations, role-plays, group discussion, lectures
Module 1 – Introduction To Effective Supervision in any Industry
- Understanding the current challenges
- Competencies required by today’s Supervisors
- Being a professional Supervisor
- Roles and responsibilities of a Supervisor
- Defining the meaning of Supervision
The 4 types of Supervision and where do you belong to?
- No Supervision
- Ineffective Supervision
- Over Supervision
- Effective Supervision
The 4 management function of Supervisors in any industry
Add value to your job
Individual exercise and presentation
Module 2 - The Supervisor As An Effective Leader
- Definition of leadership
- What is ineffective leadership
- Overview of leadership in construction environment
3 types of leadership across the organization
- Business leadership
- Supervisory leadership
- Job leadership
Exerting your leadership influence in 3 scopes of your work
- To the organization
- To the employees whom you manage
- To your leader Unhealthy or ineffective leadership style found in you ?
Choosing an effective leadership style
- Characteristic 1 : Assertive
- Characteristic 2 : Passive
- Characteristic 3: Aggressive
Analyze the consequences of each characteristic. Gaining influence with your people through your leadership style. Moving away from directive style to supportive style.
Module 3 – The Supervisor As An Effective Communicator
What is effective communication ?
- Giving instruction
- Receiving instruction
- Communication during morning briefing and meeting
- Updating your leaders on work progress and status
The communication process
- The advantages of effective communication
- Common communication problems at workplace
- Identifying words and sentences which affects working relationship in the construction industry
3 special communication skills to achieve desired results
- Maintain and enhance self-esteem
- Listen and respond with empathy
- Ask for help and encourage involvement
Practicing communication skills
Module 4 - Supervisor As An Effective Planner & Controller
- Defining planning
- Symptoms of poor planning
- Planning tools and techniques
- What are your short –term and long-term planning ?
- What steps do you take to achieve those objectives ?
- What barriers may prevent you from attaining your objectives ?
- What assistance or resources will help ensure your success ?
- Learning to set SMART objectives
- Taking Charge Plan
Goal setting Process
Step 1 – Draft responsibilities and performance objectives
Step 2 – Reach agreement on responsibilities and objectives
Step 3 – Establish review schedule for each objectives
Step 4 – Review progress
Step 5 – Draft summary performance review
Summary of learning
60 days action plan